Using this system allows you to submit a report immediately.
How to Report a Crime
Please confirm the following to find out if online filing is right for you:
- This is not an emergency.
- This incident occurred within the County of Merced.
- This did not occur on a state freeway.
- This does not involve motor vehicle and/or license plate theft.
- This does not involve a theft from someone unlawfully entering your home.
If all of the statements above apply to your case, you are ready to file your report online.
For emergencies, please call 911.
For non-emergencies you may also call (209) 385-7444.
Types of incidents that can be reported online:
- Fraud and Identity Theft
- Harassing Phone Calls – excluding threats of imminent harm or death
- Lost Property
- Theft – Except motor vehicles and license plates
- Vandalism – Including graffiti/Tagging
Upon completion of this process you will: See the words: “Your report has been submitted” showing that your report is complete. You will also be given a temporary case number and be able to print a copy of the report to keep for your records.
Please Note: All cases filed online will be reviewed. Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
Filing a false police report is a crime.