Environmental Impact Reports
A Summary of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
(California Public Resources Code, Sections 21000 – 21178, and Title 14 CCR, Section 753, and Chapter 3, Sections 15000 – 15387)
The California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) is California’s broadest environmental law. CEQA helps to guide the Department during issuance of permits and approval of projects. Courts have interpreted CEQA to afford the fullest protection of the environment within the reasonable scope of the statutes. CEQA applies to all discretionary projects proposed to be conducted or approved by a California public agency, including private projects requiring discretionary government approval.
The purpose of CEQA is to:
- Disclose to the public the significant environmental effects of a proposed discretionary project
- Prevent or minimize damage to the environment through development of project alternatives, mitigation measures, and mitigation monitoring.
- Disclose to the public the agency decision-making process utilized to approve discretionary projects through findings and statements of overriding consideration.
- Enhance public participation in the environmental review process through scoping meetings, public notice, public review, hearings, and the judicial process.
- Improve interagency coordination through early consultations, scoping meetings, notices of preparation, and State Clearinghouse review.
- 09-21-20 - City of Merced -NOE- Project No. 117039
- 09-22-20 - City of Merced Planning Dept. - NOD - Conditional Use Permit 1238
- 09-23-20 - City of Merced - NOD - Site Plan Review 455
- 09-25-20 - Merced County Planning - NOD - Blue Sky Dairy Expansion Project
- 09-28-20 -Merced County Community and Economic Development Dept. - NOE - Creekfront Ranch LLC
- 10-07-20 - City of Merced - NOE - Surface Water Irrigation
- 10-14-20- City of Gustine -NOE
- 10-15-20 - City of Los Banos - NOE - Sunset Hills Development, LLC
- 10-19-20 - City of Merced - NOI - Annexation and PreZone 2013-01
- 10-19-20 - San Luis Water District - NOE - Contract between the United States and San Luis Water District
- 10-19-20 - City of Los Banos - NOC