Environmental Impact Reports
A Summary of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
(California Public Resources Code, Sections 21000 – 21178, and Title 14 CCR, Section 753, and Chapter 3, Sections 15000 – 15387)
The California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) is California’s broadest environmental law. CEQA helps to guide the Department during issuance of permits and approval of projects. Courts have interpreted CEQA to afford the fullest protection of the environment within the reasonable scope of the statutes. CEQA applies to all discretionary projects proposed to be conducted or approved by a California public agency, including private projects requiring discretionary government approval.
The purpose of CEQA is to:
- Disclose to the public the significant environmental effects of a proposed discretionary project
- Prevent or minimize damage to the environment through development of project alternatives, mitigation measures, and mitigation monitoring.
- Disclose to the public the agency decision-making process utilized to approve discretionary projects through findings and statements of overriding consideration.
- Enhance public participation in the environmental review process through scoping meetings, public notice, public review, hearings, and the judicial process.
- Improve interagency coordination through early consultations, scoping meetings, notices of preparation, and State Clearinghouse review.
- 03-17-20 - Oakdale Irrigation District - NOE
- 03-17-20 - California Fish and Game Commission - NOI
- 03-18-20 - Merced Union High School District - NOD
- 04-10-20 - East Merced Resource Conservation District - NOE
- 04-14-20 - San Luis and Delta Mendota Water Authority (SLDMWA) - NOD
- 04-15-20 - Merced County - NOI
- 04-20-20 - San Luis and Delta Mendota W.A. - NOD
- 04-21-20 - San Luis and Delta Mendota W.A. - NOD
- 04-21-20 - San Joaquin Valley Unified Air Pollution Control District - NOE Burning Fee
- 04-21-20 - San Joaquin Valley Unified Air Pollution Control District - NOE - Architectural Coatings
- 04-21-20 - City of Livingston - NOE
- 04-22-20 - Merced County DPW - NOE - Santa Fe Drive
- 04-22-20 - Merced County DPW - NOE - Gurr Road
- 04-24-20 - California High-Speed Rail Authority - NOA
- 04-28-20 - San Luis and Delta Mendota W.A. - NOD
- 05-05-20 - Delhi Community Pedestrian and Bicycle Connectivity Project - NI Portion - NOE
- 05-04-20 - El Dorado Irrigation District - NOD
- 05-08-20 - County of Merced DPW-Roads Division - NOE
- 05-14-20 - Merced County - CED - NOE
- 05-14-20 -San Luis and Delta-Mendota Water Authority - NOP
- 05-14-20 - San Luis Water District - NOE
- 05-18-20 - Foresthill Public Utilities District - NOE