Healthy Harvest Home
Healthy Harvest Home is a new program that will offer temporary hotel housing to agricultural & food production workers who need to isolate due to testing positive or are a person under investigation (PUI) exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. For the purposes of this program, agricultural workers are defined as employees in occupations or industries (Canning, Freezing and Preserving Industry; Industries Handling Products after Harvest; Industries Preparing Agricultural Products for Market, on the Farm; and Agricultural Occupations) or similar industries and occupations.
- 2020-10-07 Press Release - County Partners Provide Housing Support to Agricultural Community Amidst the Pandemic
- Project Healthy Harvest Home Flier
- Folleto del Proyecto Healthy Harvest Home
- Txoj Haujlwm Healthy Harvest Home
Program Eligibility (participants must meet all criteria):
- Work in California food processing or agriculture
- Meet FEMA non-congregate sheltering criteria for COVID-19:
- Have tested positive; or
- Been exposed as documented by a state or local public health official, or medical health professional)
- Be unable to self-isolate or quarantine at home
How does the program work?
The Merced County Healthy Harvest Home Program will secure a room at a local hotel for those individuals who have been referred by Public Health. Case Managers will serve as the primary point of contact for those that will be self-isolating. The program will provide temporary housing (up to 14-days) for recovery isolation or quarantine from the date the individual tested positive for COVID-19.
Healthy Harvest Home Staff will:
- Verify participant eligibility
- Coordinate with the hotel to book room(s)
- Provide services at the hotel site including meals and wellness checks
- Ensure services are provided in the participant’s language
With acceptance into Healthy Harvest Housing the participant voluntarily agrees to placement in the Healthy Harvest Home temporary shelter. The participant must:
- Self-quarantine for 14 days
- No guests under the visitor policy
- Stay in room as much as possible
- Avoid gathers of any size, and
- Maintain social distancing of six feet.