General Election Information

Voter Registration 

Information on your voter registration affidavit will be used by elections officials to send you official information on the voting process, such as the location all Voting Assistance Centers and the issues and candidates that will appear on the ballot. Commercial use of voter registration information is prohibited by law and is a misdemeanor. Voter information may be provided to a candidate for office, a ballot measure committee, or other persons for election, scholarly, journalistic, political, or governmental purposes, as determined by the Secretary of State. Driver’s license and social security numbers, or your signature as shown on your voter registration card, cannot be released for these purposes. If you have any questions about the use of voter information or wish to report suspected misuse of such information, please call the Secretary of State’s Voter Protection and Assistance Hotline.

 “Certain voters facing life-threatening situations may qualify for confidential voter status. For more information, please contact the Secretary of State’s Safe At Home program or visit the Secretary of State’s Internet Web site.”

County Voter Information Guide

If you are registered to vote, a County Voter Information Guide will be mailed to you approximately three weeks prior to an election. If you do not receive a County Voter Information Guide at least three weeks before an election, please call the Registrar of Voters office at (209) 385-7541.


On Election Day, you may vote at any Voting Assistance Center shown on your County Voter Information Guide between the hours of 7:00 am and 8:00 pm. Some Voting Assistance Centers are open for 11 days, including weekends and for 4 days at all Voting Assistance Centers between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm. Voting Assistance Center locations are subject to change, so check your County Voter Information Guide for the most updated locations.

Register to Vote If You Have Moved or Changed Your Name or Wish to Change Your Political Party Affiliation

If you have moved into Merced County from another county or which to change your name, you must register or re-register to vote in Merced County. When you move within the county or wish to change your political party affiliation, you can complete the SB-207 form to update your information.

Vote by Mail

If for some reason you are unable to vote at a Voting Assistance Center during early voting or on Election Day, you may apply to Vote by Mail.