EMS Certification / Authorization / Accreditation
EMS Application Processing
Please follow these instructions to complete your EMS certification/accreditation.
It is important to utilize the appropriate checklist (available in the resources section at the end of this page) for the certification/accreditation that you are applying for and to email the required documents as you complete the online application form. Your application will not be able to be processed without including all required documents.
Payment must also be made prior to the processing of your card. Instructions for making payment are in the next section. If your employer has made arrangements with MCEMSA to make payment on your behalf, you can disregard this step. Please consult with your employer for information as to making payment.
Certifications in Merced County Only
If applying for another county, please go to that county’s website.
Applications for Certification / Authorization/ Accreditation
EMS Agency is closed to the public – there is NO in-person application.
- Step 1. Live Scan: Live Scan is required for those completing their initial EMT Application or Dispatch Application.
Note: The EMS Agency strongly recommends that any EMT or EMS Dispatcher applying for certification begin their Live Scan process a minimum of 30 days prior to submitting an application for a certification card to avoid any delays.
- Step 2. Application and Required Documents: Download and complete the EMS Application and submit the signed application and required documents to [email protected].
Note: Applicants that are recertifying/reaccrediting: we will use the picture currently on file for your certification/accreditation card unless requested . New applicants will need to include a photo from there shoulders up on a white background in JPG. form with the application and required documentation.
Approved CPR Cards: A copy (front and back) of current CPR Card taught to the curriculum standards of the American Heart Association, American Red Cross or the National Safety Council at the Healthcare Provider or equivalent level (Professional Rescuer or BLS - Basic Life Support). Online CPR/AED classes without a hands-on demonstration of skills competency are not accepted.
- Step 3. Make Payment: Certification, Authorization and Accreditation fees can be paid after all required materials are emailed to [email protected] with a debit or credit card by calling (209) 381-1008.
Emergency Medical Services Application Fees
|Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD) certification/recertification||$50.00|
|Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification/recertification||$50.00|
|Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) State Certification||$75.00|
|Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) State Recertification||$37.00|
|Emergency Medical Technician-P (EMT-P) accreditation||$100.00|
|Emergency Medical Technician-P (EMT-P) reciprocal accreditation||Free|
|lapsed-Paramedic Reaccreditation\ Maintenance||$100.00|
|Mobile Intensive Care Nurse (MICN) certification/recertification||$60.00|
|Replacement certification/accreditation card||$15.00|
|Late Fee for certification/accreditation||$15.00|
Annual Convalescent and Ambulance Service License Fee
- Convalescent / litter van annual license: $100.00
- Ambulance service annual license, subject to annual cost evaluation through county cost system
- EMS Application
- EMT DOJ Background Application
- EMD DOJ Background Application
- Live Scan Facility List
- EMD Certification Checklist
- EMT Certification Checklist
- MICN Certification Checklist
- Paramedic Accreditation Checklist
- EMT California State Skills Verification Sheet
- Bleeding Control Shock Management
- Oxygen Administration By Non-Re-breather Mask
- Bag Valve Mask Ventilation Of An Apneic Adult
- Patient Assessment Management Medical
- Patient Assessment Management Trauma
- Long Bone Immobilization
- Joint Immobilization
- Cardiac Arrest Management AED
- Child Birth
- Penetrating Chest Injury
- Naloxone Intranasal
- Epinephrine Auto Injector