Merced County Division of Environmental Health Changes to Hours of Operation and In-person Visits due to COVID-19.
Dear Merced County Owners, Operators, and Contractors:
In an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Merced County Division of Environmental Health will be making the following operational adjustments to ensure the continued expected level of customer service during this time:
- In-person visits to the Environmental Health office will be conducted by appointment only, if necessary. Division staff are available to conduct business by phone, e-mail, or video conferencing.
- In-person visits and customer service provided by Office Duty staff (e.g., septic/well permitting) will not be available between 12:00pm and 1:00pm, Monday through Friday. General office hours will remain 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- On-site inspections will continue as requested or required, as staffing levels allow. If an on-site inspection may not be possible or feasible, then photos, video, or video conferencing (e.g., Facetime) may be requested.
Providing excellent customer service is very important to our team. These adjustments will allow for us to continue to provide you with the best service possible during this challenging time.
Vicki Jones, MPA, REHS
Environmental Health Division Director
Welcome to the Environmental Health Web site, provided by the Merced County Health Department’s Division of Environmental Health. This Web site provides information about environmental health services, laws, and related news, as well as communication tools and other features.
Free Water Quality Testing For Domestic Well Owners!
Prueba De Calidad Del Agua Para Propietarios De Pozos!
FREE 2021 Merced County Environmental Compliance Training Courses
CDFA Inedible Food Rendering Guide
FDA Order Pertaining to Partially Hydrogenated Oils (PHOs) Effective June 18, 2018
Onsite Wastewater Treatment Unit (OWTS) Fact Sheet and Ordinance
- Regulation of Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems Fact Sheet
- Regulation of Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems Merced County Code 9.54
Office Closure Information
If you have an Environmental Health emergency and we are closed, please call the CALFIRE-Mariposa Dispatch Office at (209) 966-3621.