- Departments & Services A-G
- Board of Supervisors
Board of Supervisors
- 10:00 a.m.
- Two Tuesdays per month. Please see Board Calendar.
- Board Chambers on the third floor
- Board of Supervisors Agendas
- Board of Supervisors Minutes & Media
- Comcast Channel 96 Broadcast
- Live Video Feed
- Board meetings can also be viewed live on the Merced County Facebook page
Meet the Board of Supervisors members and find your Supervisor using the Merced County Elected Officials Mapping Tool.
Conozca a los supervisores y encuentre su Supervisor usando el Condado de Merced Instrumento del Oficiales Electos.
Merced County is governed by a five-member Board of Supervisors. Each member is elected from the district in which he or she resides.
Board members serve a four-year terms, with elections occurring every two years for alternate districts.
A chairman is elected annually to preside over the Board meetings and exercise leadership for the Board.
Merced County is a general law county that must operate within the provision of California State Law.
- Appoint members to the Board Commission, Committees, and Advisory Boards
- Appoint department heads, except elected officials and those appointed by the County Executive Officer
- Adopt an annual budget
- Exercise policy review and oversight of County programs and functions
- Serve as an appellate body for personnel actions and planning and zoning appeals