Behavioral Health & Recovery Services
California has launched an advice line that can connect you with a nurse, day or night, to talk about COVID-19 symptoms and help connect you with local resources in your area.
These medical professionals are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Who is the line for?
- If you don’t have health care coverage.
- If you have Medi-Cal, but don’t have a regular doctor
The Medi-Nurse line can help with many questions:
- Helping you understand whether your symptoms might be COVID-19 related, and whether you need to self-isolate and employ home self-care techniques, or whether your individual symptoms mean you should see a health care provider to get COVID-19 testing and/or treatment.
- Providing you with information in your area, such as contact information for county offices or other county-level resources near you, particularly if you need to see a doctor for testing/treatment, or want to apply for health insurance.
Feeling Stressed by COVID-19? Help is just a phone call away!
CalHOPE Warm Line: (833) 317-HOPE (4673)
Monday – Friday (7am – 11pm)
Free Youth Warm Line
Behavioral Health & Recovery Services understands that these are difficult times. If you need support, community resources, or just someone to talk to, we are here for you. This is a non-emergency resource for any youth seeking emotional support.
A variety of mental health and substance abuse programs are available to consumers in Merced County. We are able to provide a selection of services to children, youth, adults, and their families.
Services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be accessed by appointment, walk-in, or by contacting emergency services.
Both inpatient and outpatient sites have staff that speak Spanish and several Southeast Asian languages. We also provide interpreter services in other languages and sign through third party providers. All interpreter services are available at no cost to consumers.
For TTY/TDY: 1-866-293-1818
Quality Improvement Work Plan
- BHRS Quality Improvement Work Plan for Fiscal Year 2020-2021 (with Quality Improvement Evaluation for FY 2019-2020)
- BHRS Quality Improvement Work Plan for Fiscal Year 2019-2020 (with Quality Improvement Evaluation for FY 2018-2019)
- BHRS Quality Improvement Work Plan for Fiscal Year 2018-2019 (with Quality Improvement Evaluation for FY 2017-2018)
- BHRS Quality Improvement Work Plan for Fiscal Year 2017-2018
Substance Use Disorder (Drug Medi-Cal Organized Delivery System)
Medi-Cal SMHS Dashboard
- 2016 Statewide Level SHMS Performance Report
- 2016 County Level SHMS Performance Youth Report
- 2017 Children and Youth County Level SMHS Performance Report
- 2017 Adult County Level SMHS Performance Report