Contact Information

For information on Kin-GAP, contact your social worker or visit your nearest Human Services Agency office at:
2115 West Wardrobe Ave.
Merced CA 95340
Ph: (209) 385-3000

Assistance Payment Program

When children must be placed into foster care, the best placement is with family. If the court ends the dependency of the children in the foster care system, foster care payments will stop. The family can turn to either CalWORKs or Kin-GAP for further funding.

Eligibility Requirements

In order to be eligible for Kin-GAP, the children must have been placed with the relative for a minimum of 12 consecutive months. In addition, the relative must have guardianship granted either before or during the ending of dependency.