How do I seal my records?

If you were arrested or involved in a court case or had contact with the juvenile justice system when you were under 18, the courts, police, schools, or other public agencies may have records about what you did. An application for record sealing can be picked up at the Merced County Juvenile Probation Office located at 1880 Wardrobe Avenue, Merced, California 95341 or by following the link below.  Once the completed application for record sealing is submitted to the Probation Department, an investigation is conducted following strict guidelines; which, can take up to eight (8) weeks to complete.

The Probation Department will then submit a petition to the court. The court will review the petition and any evidence presented by the petitioner, the Probation Department, the District Attorney, any agencies listed on your petition, or anyone else who has relevant information. After the court reviews all of the information, the judge will decide whether to grant or deny the petition.

 For additional information regarding Record Sealings please visit Record Sealing.

Show All Answers

1. What happens if I get cited/arrested by the Police?
2. What happens if my case is sent to court?
3. I was placed on probation through the Juvenile Court, what can I expect?
4. How do I seal my records?
5. How do I apply for stepparent adoption?