Can I transfer my case to another county for supervision?

You must complete all custody time before having your case transferred to another county. Before the transfer-out process can begin, your probation officer will request the following item(s) from you:

  • Proof of residence (utility bill or rental agreement)

Once these items are received, you will be notified by a probation officer that your case is in the process of being transferred to another county. You may be required to appear in court for a 1203.9 transfer hearing; however, you will be notified prior to the court date. You must continue to follow your terms and conditions of probation and check in with your probation officer in Merced County as directed until you are notified that your case has been successfully transferred.

Show All Answers

1. I'm on Probation - what does that mean? What do I have to do?
2. How do I find out who my Probation Officer (PO) is?
3. Where are the Adult Probation offices located?
4. Can I transfer my case to another county for supervision?
5. Can I transfer my case to another state for supervision?
6. Can I travel out of county or state while on supervision?
7. My probation expired, now what?
8. A warrant has been issued for me; Is there any way I can clear it?
9. Can my probation be terminated early?
10. Can I vote while on probation?