Can my probation be terminated early?

Convictions for certain crimes require a minimum period of time on probation. A person on probation who wishes to have their case considered for early termination should contact their attorney. If they are eligible they can request that a court hearing be scheduled. Typically to be considered by the Court, the defendant must have completed at least half of their court-ordered probation period, completed all requirements of probation such as treatment programs and community service work, have all fines, fees and restitution paid in full and not have any negative law enforcement contact for a period of at least one year.

Show All Answers

1. I'm on Probation - what does that mean? What do I have to do?
2. How do I find out who my Probation Officer (PO) is?
3. Where are the Adult Probation offices located?
4. Can I transfer my case to another county for supervision?
5. Can I transfer my case to another state for supervision?
6. Can I travel out of county or state while on supervision?
7. My probation expired, now what?
8. A warrant has been issued for me; Is there any way I can clear it?
9. Can my probation be terminated early?
10. Can I vote while on probation?