Karen Adams is the Treasurer-Tax Collector and Investment Officer for Merced County.
Karen is a Certified Public Accountant and a Magna Cum Laude graduate from California
State University, Stanislaus. She has worked in positions of increasing responsibility
with Merced County since 1993. Karen’s previous experience includes 15 years as
co-owner and operations manager of a construction company. Having worked in private
industry and at a Certified Public Accounting firm, she is well versed in accounting.
Prior to her becoming the elected Treasurer-Tax Collector in March 2002, Karen served
as the Assistant Treasurer-Tax Collector for five years.
Karen believes it is important for the taxpayers to be aware that in addition to
collecting property taxes, the County Treasurer provides a cash management
and investment service for the County and its other participants. As the Treasurer,
Karen is also the Ex Officio Trustee for the Merced County Employees Retirement
Association. She is honored to be entrusted with tax collection and is committed
to the preservation of capital through safe investing of all monies.
Licenses / Designations / Involvement:
- Certified Public Accountant #67641
- Contractors State License C-9 #420505 (Inactive)
- Public Treasury Management Certification
- CA Assoc. of County Treasurer-Tax Collectors, 2nd V.P., & Legislation Committee
- Merced County Employees Retirement Association, Vice Chair & Audit Committee Chair
- Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced (Kiddieland), President 2007/08
- Community Foundation Merced County, Finance Committee
- Merced Business & Professional Women, Past Treasurer (3 terms)
- Soroptimist International of Atwater
- Westside Dance Club